2.14.2010

Cabin Fever

Today I left the house for the first time since Monday.  Let's count the days...6!  6 days in the house.  I was very sick for a few days, and then it took another few days for my body to recuperate.  Apparently it was some sort of stomach flu, according to the OB/GYN nurses at Kaiser.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't pregnant.  My body was quickly depleted of electrolytes leaving me very dehydrated, which only made things worse.  It kind of added "insult to injury."  Ringing in the ears, staggering dizziness, and overall exhaustion made it a terrible time.  I'm so thankful for pedalyte and an amazing husband who was there to take care of me.  It amazes me when I hear people say, "I never felt better than when I was pregnant."  Pregnancy hasn't been so nice to me.  Through it all though, I know as soon as I see my baby boy's face or hear him cry, it will all be worth it!  Thank God for understanding employers and dedicated family and friends.  God is so good to us!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you were able to get out of the house! what a blessing that must have been :) Gosh, I'm sorry to hear you had the flu, but also glad it was something more like that, instead of something wrong with the pregnancy. Glad you and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read this, I was like "CRAP, David got Wren sick!" But... stomach flu was not what he had. I was nervous that he was going to get sick, really nervous. Sorry you've been sick! You are in my thoughts and prayers and I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear you were sicky sick.. so not fun :( hang in there! and kudos to andrew for taking care of you!

    hey will you tell lisa to add me to her blog? its locked :( that is, if its the same lisa we all know and love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...