2.19.2010

Talkin' about the car wash, yeah.

I just spent almost an hour at the car wash.  It's one of those where you drive up and pay at a machine, and then wait your turn to have a different machine wash your car.  There was a car already being washed, a car behind it, and then another car behind that one....then me.  I knew that it would be about 20 minutes or so to wait, and I was fine with that.  I splurged and went for the $9 wash instead of the $7.  It came to the point where a tan car in front of me was now getting washed, so I was next.  After a long few minutes I noticed that the car washing machine wasn't moving, but that it was stuck on "rinse."  It was rinsing the front of the tan car over and over and over, not moving slowly over the rest of the car as it is supposed to.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I finally stepped out of my car because I felt the need to rescue the lady trapped in the endless rinse cycle.  I got the attendant, who stopped the wash and then started it again.  By this time I had easily been there for 30 minutes already.  The re-started car wash went off with out a hitch and the tan car drove away twice as clean as when it first arrived.  I pulled into the car wash area, and things started smoothly.  When it came to the rinse cycle though, the machine got stuck, and was repeatedly rinsing just the front of my car.  I thought, "I was brave enough to rescue the lady who went before me, surely one of the 6 cars behind me will rescue me."  Wrong.  I waited a good 5 minutes before the attendant came running over to restart my wash.  The second wash, the rinse cycle got stuck again.  This time I just pulled forward.  The attendant was very nice and told me he would hand dry my car, but I told him not to bother.  My car is twice as clean as I thought it would be.  Crazy times.  It didn't really bother me, and luckily I had no where that I needed to be.  It was just very interesting.  Nothing like that has ever happened to me before.

I forgot to say happy Valentine's Day the last time I wrote.  Happy Valentine's Day.


Painting isn't going as quickly as I had hoped, I'm not even done priming the room yet.  Crazy how life gets in the way sometimes.  Andrew is really looking out for me, and told me that I could paint under one condition:



2 comments:

  1. Oh wren, what a great car wash experience. and when you are in there, it's not like you can get out, or even roll down your window to tell someone... well, at least your car is now sparkly clean :)
    LOVE the picture of you with a mask! sorry to hear the process of painting is going slower than you thought, but thankfully, you still have time. and, this weekend should be nice and sunny, so maybe you can open some windows and let a little sunlight and fresh air flow in. that always makes it more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha.. i wore a mask when I painted toooooooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...