3.09.2010

I see a red door and I want to paint it...green!

We're getting a lot of work done on the nursery!  The paint is done - for now.  We will have to paint the chair rail before it goes up and then most likely repaint the baseboards.  It's a great feeling to have it closer to being done.  We got a new ceiling fan for the room, too.  I thought I would wait until it was completely done to post before and after pictures, but I can't wait anymore! : D  So, here are the before and in-between shots, as well as some crafts I've been doing!

Before = blue and gray....certainly a fine choice of colors.  But why not paint when you have such a good reason to?


First color on, dark brown.  At first I was a little disappointed at how red this brown looks in certain lights, but it grew on me.



Blue tape in between - that's where the white chair rail will go.  Now to the green.  Did you think I was kidding when I said green?



Here's another angle:



Crafts.  I'm not the craftiest person, but I can paint wooden things that are already made.  Michael's has a ton  of pre-made wooden things to paint, and I had a lot of fun painting them!  One of these days I might get brave and try to make curtains!






28 weeks tomorrow.  Third trimester.  People keep saying "time flies."  Does it?  I feel like it's creeping along so very slowly.  Newest pregnancy inconveniences are cramps in the legs and tired/sore feet.   Sleep evades me, and my lower back hurts.  Now, I don't mean to only be negative about pregnancy.  After all, I wanted it.  AND, it will eventually yield something more amazing than I could ever hope for.    It just gets a little hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when there is such a big belly in the way! :)

3 comments:

  1. the room is looking good! can't wait to see it finished. I love all the stuff you got at michaels! those are so cute, and will look great in the room. have you found bedding yet? maybe you won't have to make curtains, if you can buy it all as a set :) If you make them, maybe I can help.
    The funny thing is... towards the end, like now, it seems like it goes by so slow. but, then when you are holding your baby, and you are looking back at the last 9 months, it feels like it went by so fast.
    hopefully all your discomforts will end soon. I know one thing to help with leg cramps is eating enough things like bananas, milk, leafy greens... sometimes easier said than done. one thing I have also been doing is stretching my calves each night before bed. seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh calf cramps are AWFUL. so sorry. the room does look amazing. heat helped with my low back pain..if you need help making curtains let me know!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Come check out my blog:
    hungergamesseriestheories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...