6.04.2010

practice makes .... almost perfect

Hello faithful readers.  This is the first time I've had the chance to sit down and take some time to write about the events of the past few days.  Wow, it has been SUCH craziness.  In a matter of hours I went from being pregnant, to being a mom.  I can't believe how overwhelmed I am by the love I have for my little, squirmy child.  To see Andrew as a dad is my favorite part of the whole experience.  He is a natural, and Isaac adores him.

I won't go into the gory details of my almost 19 hour labor, but I will say that it was an intense experience that was, at times, excruciating.  Everyone keeps telling me that I will forget the pain and want to do it all again someday, but at the moment I can't imagine that happening. :)  Ask me again in a few years.

My dogs are adjusting weirdly.  Kate is over protective, which we knew she would be.  Leela is.........well, Leela is weird.  She gets very excited and wants to sniff the baby, but she doesn't know how to be gentle so we keep her away.  I think she feels deprived of attention, because she is acting out and being more defiant than usual.  She has forgotten how to follow the most simple of commands.

Everyone has told me to sleep when the baby sleeps.  Well, that's almost impossible when you have a baby who won't let you put him down.  At night I've taken to propping myself up, and surrounding myself with myriads of pillows, in order to hold onto him so I can get some sleep.  We have found that he'll sleep on his contoured changing pad and also on a sleep positioner on our bed in between us.  This is a lovely discovery, one that helps us get some sleep and get a few things done around the house.  I can't believe how much I actually enjoy the little things, like washing my face or even doing the dishes.

Back to work in just under 2 months.  I can say with all my heart that it will be one of the most difficult things I have to do to leave him.  Yes, he'll have great care.  But, I'm already so jealous of his attention.  I'm going to miss out on so many of the little things.  I want to be the one making decisions for him daily....it really sucks.  The phrase, "it's not fair" comes to mind.  What I wouldn't give to be able to stay home and be his full time mommy.  I guess I shouldn't think about that yet, and enjoy the time I have with him now.  I'm so thankful that I work part time, that helps a lot.

Time to go snuggle with the little man, and attempt to get some sleep. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...