1.24.2011

Oh Pa!

I love the show Little House on the Prairie.  It is so wholesome!  A friend once told me I was prudish, and she was right.  So I like shows that don't have sex, foul language, and bloody violence.  If that makes me prudish, so be it!  Little House, as it is affectionately called by faithful viewers, might be void of raunchy things, but it is not void of action, emotion, fear, and real life situations.  Even Sawyer, on the television show Lost, watched Little House.  Here's a quote from the 2007 episode Lost: Tricia Tenaka is Dead:

Kate: We can start again, give each other a clean slate. 
Sawyer: [laughs] Slate. Like on 'Little House'? 
Kate: What? 
Sawyer: 'Little House on the Prairie'. Laura Ingalls used to write on a little chalkboard at school. 
Kate: [amused] You call it 'Little House'?


Today I turned on the Hallmark channel and found a sobbing Charles embracing a sobbing Albert.  Both of them were older, as was apparent from Charles' gray hair.  This particular show happened to be part 2 of the episodes about Albert becoming addicted to morphine.  I told you: action, emotion, fear, and real life situations.  I was crying as soon as I turned up the volume.  Everything in my life goes back to me having a son now.  Being a mom now.  Of course I was moved to tears as I watched Pa help his son through the drug withdrawals.  I'm happy to say that Albert pulled through!  Hooray!


In other news - can I do that in a single blog, switch topics?  I certainly won't stop now - Isaac is the cutest baby I've ever had the privilege to call my own.  We are struggling with naps, which makes night time sleep a struggle, too.  He takes his usual morning and early afternoon nap, but will not take a late afternoon nap.  So, he'll wake up around 2 after only sleeping for an hour, and then refuse to take another nap until he goes to sleep at 7.  5 hours.  I think this is a sign that it's time to transition him into 2 naps only.  The trick will be getting them to be spread further apart, and getting them to last longer.  Now his naps are usually only an hour (occasionally there is the 2 hour nap,  but that's a rarity), so that's why he takes three.  If I can get his naps to be consistently an hour and half to two hours, then I think they would be easier to spread apart.  Because naps aren't going well, nighttime sleep isn't going well.  All that I've read about baby's nighttime sleep, and all that I've gained for my 7 short months of motherhood, has shown that poor naps equals poor nighttime sleep. I'm pretty sure that's why Isaac has been going to sleep at 7 and waking up at 8:30, 10:00, midnight, 1:30, 4:00, and 6:30.   Either that or it's because he's growing.  Or teething.  Or ... ?







1 comment:

  1. Ah! Nap time. So fun. Ivan would only take one nap for the longest time. Its so hard when they arent doing well with there nap times and then in tern not sleeping well at night. At 10 months Ivan finally started taking two naps a day. This has been such a blessing. I always hate it when people tell me "oh it will get better, just wait. In a couple months sleeping will be so much easier." So, im not going to say that. :) I will say, stay encouraged and be patient. For me if I didnt know the Lord I would have been completly flipping out. SO many times I had to just pray for patience when Ivan woke up at 2 am screaming. The Lord is good in that way! He always gave me strength. Im sure that you are a great mom!
    That was a lot in one comment...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...