5.16.2011

Let's Start Over

I'm tired of hiding. I'm going to be myself no matter what.  And I want to blog!  So, here it goes.

Here are some new adventures that I will  be sharing with you on this new blog!
 
1) Coupons!  I'm not extreme in any sense of the word, but I am always on the lookout for great deals!  On my first grocery shopping trip with coupons I saved almost $20.  That felt amazing!  I hope that with the use of coupons, I can help my family chip away at our debt more quickly, and thus achieve my dream more quickly: becoming a full-time-stay-at-home-mom.  I will share any crazy deals that I find.  I'm an absolute beginner, so please feel free to leave comments with tips!

2) Being Debt Free!  For a few months, Andrew and I have been working on putting as much extra money as we can towards our debt.  There are a few reasons we have been doing this.  First and foremost, having a lot of debt is not pleasing to God.  He wants me to be good with what he gave me, and that includes money.  I have been living above my means for too long.  I want to live more frugally so that I can bless God with the money he gives me.  I will live below my means so that I can pay off this debt, and so that ultimately I can bless others by giving.  Another reason we want to be debt free has already been mentioned above.  What I want, more than anything, is to be able to stay home and raise my child (and maybe one day my childREN).  Yet another reason is the freedom that comes with being debt free and paying for things with cash.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have this mind set: you see something you want.  you save for it for a couple months.  you buy it with cash.  no more strings attached!  It's actually YOURS instead of the credit card company's. Freeing.  Freedom to travel because you don't have to spend that money on past debts.  Freedom to give to your friends and family more extravagantly because you  don't have to spend that money on past debts!  Free. Dom.

3) Memories for Baby.  Now and then I'll be posting some fun things that Isaac has done, so we can look back on it and remember.

4) Weight Loss Journey.  There, if I put it out there, I'm accountable.  I'm going to start on a "walk off the weight" challenge that I found on www.familycircle.com .  I would like to lose about 20 pounds, and I'm going to start with this walking regiment.  We'll see how it goes!

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back every once in awhile to see if there have been updates!

3 comments:

  1. Love that I can read about you again! And I love seeing pictures on here! Wish you were here... I can't say it enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! :D Glad you're back! Can't wait to see where God leads you on these journeys you're starting! You Rock girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back, wren! sounds like you have some great plans ahead of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...