5.16.2011

Walk off the Weight

Day 1 - WOTW

We did it! (Isaac and I.)  Now, since I'm a beginner, I wanted to start somewhere flat.  We live on the top of a big hill.  So, as lame as it sounds, we drove somewhere so we could walk.  Unfortunately, we left our house right around the time that school ended for the day.  I don't think I've mentioned how irritating it is to follow a school bus these days.  When I was a kid, there was one bus stop for the whole neighborhood.  Now, the bus stops at every street along the way, and I'm not exaggerating!  Some of the bus stops can't be more than a few yards away from each other.  I guess it's for the child's safety, but I don't see how the child could be in any danger by walking 3 yards to the next bus stop.  It's infuriating.

Anyway, since it was the first day of the challenge, I was only supposed to walk for 10 minutes.  The idea is to create a habit of walking everyday.  I walked for 20 minutes today.  Tomorrow I'm going to walk with a friend, and one of these nights I'll walk with my husband and our dogs.  It'll be nice to mix things up.  I hope that I can stick to this!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Well, now you'll know how to time it so you can beat the busses. Plus...after you get all crazy into it, maybe you'll be able to walk those hills?
    :D Glad your back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job wren!! I want to walk with you!! Which night, this week can we walk together? I am free EVERY night! I will even come to you :) I love walking, and so do my boys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...