6.17.2011

The Blinding Sun

Yesterday I went to the doctor because I've been sick for 4 days.  Normally I wouldn't go to the doctor.  I can't say I really like it.  Since I missed some work and wasn't getting better, though, I thought I should go.  Just in case it was something crazy.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't definitive.  What's wrong with me?  No one knows.  They did a flu test.  They took the longest q-tip I've ever seen out of it's individually wrapped package and stuck it up each nostril (and I mean UP - into my brain) and twirled it around and around.  I was crying, but not because I was sad.  I didn't have a choice.  My eyes were watering something fierce.  The nurse said, "umm, there's some tissues if you need one."  I had nightmares about it last night.  It was awful!

All to tell me, "good news!  You don't have influenza type A or B!"  Good news I suppose...except there's still that question, what's wrong with me?


I was given a dose of antibiotics.  They messed up my stomach.  But today I feel a little better.  The sun is shining outside.  If, when all the antibiotics are gone, I don't feel better in 5 days, I'm going to have to get some labs done.  So, that's what's going on with me.








My roses have finally bloomed.  


Winston the Hummingbird's Flowers



1 comment:

  1. oh man, so sorry to hear you have not been feeling well for a while now, and that it is still not great. Prayers for ya!! The procedures do not sound fun; hopefully the antibiotics work, so you don't have to do blood work.
    However... Isaac is cute! and lovin the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...