7.17.2011

and I still lost weight!

This week was a busy one.  A good one.  My dear friend Miranda made a stop here on her way to Seattle.  Although I had to work while she was here, we were still able to go out to lunch twice, make a trip to a nearby park to play our guitars and sing, make some peach cobbler, and play dance central.  Isaac thought she was the cat's meow.  And he's right, she is!

Having her here brought back a flood of memories from my short stay in California many years ago.  I lived there from 1999-2002.  Just long enough to make some friends that I'll have for eternity.  Miranda brought with her the love for life, and that optimistic realness that she has always possessed.  It was refreshing.  I was very sad to see her go.  But, as she kept saying, "it won't be the last time I visit!"  Can't wait till the next time.

The weather this week.  Ugh.  I mean, I love Oregon and I even love constant rain, but not in the summer when we've been waiting for sun for so long.  There were a couple sun breaks big enough to get out into muggy, buggy nature.








I'm happy to report that even though I ate out twice and had a generous helping of Peach Cobbler, I still lost 1.8 pounds.  That's the beauty of WW!  You can splurge here and there, and as long as you follow the healthy guidelines and stick to your points (adjust accordingly) you can still meet your weight loss goal.  I'm really not trying to sound like a spokesperson.  Anyway, grand total so far is 4.2 - in three weeks!  Yay!  Tonight I made homemade spaghetti sauce w/ garlic, onion, olive oil, zucchini, tomato sauce, and stewed tomatoes.  Added in was some dried Italian seasoning and some basil.  I put that and some browned, seasoned ground beef on top of baked spaghetti squash.  I must say, it was pretty scrumptious, and I only had to count the beef and some Parmesan cheese, while at the same time getting all the servings of vegetables in that I needed for today.  I'm very happy to report that my picky son even liked it, and ate many pieces of zucchini.

Lastly, Andrew, Isaac, and I went to church today.  That's right.  Church.  I'm not proud to admit it, but it was Isaac's first time at church.  First time in the nursery!  He did so well.  The ladies who watched him call him "a joy."  When I peeked around the corner to see him at the end of the service, he was playing with two adorable babies, a boy and a girl.  It was heartwarming to see him with friends!  He loves other kids.  I'm relieved that it went so well.  As for Andrew and I, we liked the service well enough.  I think it's hard to judge a church on the first visit, so we'll be going back a few more times before we decide if we want to make it our home or not.  It would be nice, because it's so close, and Isaac had such a good time in the nursery, but I believe that the study of the word needs to be relevant and challenging....and well, there are just certain teaching styles that I don't particularly like or thrive on.  So, we'll see.  Whatever the case, it's high time we got our butts back in church.  If this one doesn't work out, I'm determined to find one that does!

Here's my boys in their Sunday best:

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Isaac at church!
    So, playing guitars and peach cobbler?! Coolness.
    I love WW, too. That's what I used unofficially for my wedding and it was awesome. Could you possibly post the spaghetti squash recipe? I've never tried that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will post how to bake it! It's yummy and good for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...