7.31.2011

berries, burn, and the death of a faithful friend

Oh Happy Day!  I lost 1.4 pounds!  I lost the poundage I gained
 last week plus a pound more!  Thank you God!


Yesterday Isaac and I went berry picking with our good friends Kayla, Madeline, and Aubrey. Isaac loves being around other kids so much....and it seems he especially likes these two.


We were out there picking raspberries for a good 2 hours!  Isaac and the girls did great, wandering up and down the rows of berries.  At one point I looked at Isaac and his cheeks were red with heat.  I took him to our friend's van to change his diaper and give him a reprieve from the hot sun.  I must say, the sunscreen I got works wonderfully!  At the end of it all he left with only a little pinkness on his arms and his cheeks.  I, on the other hand, have a bright red neck, a red patch on my right arm, a red patch my left knee pit, and redness on both sides of my face.  It's weird how sometimes I only get burned in certain places.  I must say the back of the neck one is really sensitive!



Sadly, I couldn't be absolutely happy while we were berry picking.  Earlier that day a good friend of mine, who I've known for 7 years, and who has helped me out countless times, passed away.  I know it's rare, but I was able to get a picture of my friend's demise.  He will be missed.



1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear about your loss. praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...