7.08.2011

half a pound gained, half a pound lost?

As I'm trying desperately to get my son to gain weight, I'm struggling to lose weight.

Isaac had a weight check today at his doctor's office.  I love his doctor.  I'm so glad with the decision I made to switch.  She makes me see the importance of getting Isaac's weight up a little bit, but doesn't make me worry about it.  At his weigh-in he gained 6 ounces!  She celebrated the gain with us.  He's still only 18.7 pounds, and she'd like to see him get past the 20 mark pretty soon.  He will sooner or later.  I just hope that it's sooner.

The doctor knocked on the door and then came in the room dancing.  Yes, dancing!  It was hilarious!  She danced her way over to Isaac and he was all smiles, laughs, and drool.  While she danced her way over to him I realized how perfect she is for us.  Isaac walked over to her more than once and put his hands up towards her as if to say, "I like you.  Pick me up."  I won't say her name, because I'm not sure if that's allowed, but if you live in the Portland, Oregon area and you need a good Pediatrician, send me an email and I'll give you the info :)

As for my weight loss journey, I'm not looking forward to my weigh- in tomorrow.  I did pretty crappy this week.  I stayed within my daily and weekly allowance points, but I ate more junk than I'd care to admit.  We hiked a bit on Monday, but that was the only exercising I had done all week--until today.  Andrew's friend let him borrow a work out game because we recently got a Kinect for our Xbox.  The game is the REAL deal.  You stand in front of the sensor and it measures your body.  It asks if you are male or female, how old you are, and how much you weigh.  You then do cardio and toning tests to see what level you should begin on.  For some crazy reason I got put into the advanced cardio level.  I was huffing and puffing after the tests alone...before I even started any of the work outs!  After the tests you get asked what you want to achieve.  I chose that I want to slim down after having a baby.  There is a work out specifically designed for "after baby toning."  I started on the beginner level of that one.

BEGINNER??  MY LEGS. ARE. JELLO!

Squats....so/many/squats.  I stumbled through the only 14 minutes work out and I never want to do another squat as long as I live!  (but I will, the day after tomorrow, because I want to do it every other day if I can muster the gumption.)  The virtual trainer kept telling me to "get those squats lower!"  It's pretty neat, although brutal!

I walked to the bathroom on shaky legs...and then when I sat down in the computer chair my legs basically gave out on me.  I also kind of feel like throwing up.  Haha!  It was a good work out.  Supposedly I burned 116 calories.  I'm going to be hurting tomorrow! (a good hurt!)

1 comment:

  1. haha! oh my! sounds like a good work out, yet NO fun! I do not envy you for tomorrow... Hope you aren't dieing too much. Maybe a good long bath would help those sore muscles. But, the cool thing is - if you keep it up, I bet in like a week, you will notice it becoming easier. and what a joy that will be. have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...