- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise
- scoop out the seeds
- place the halves face down, side by side on a cookie sheet
- pour about a half an inch of water onto the cookie sheet
- place the squash in the oven on the bottom rack
- cook for 45 minutes (or until tender)
When the squash comes out, all the water that you poured onto the cookie sheet will be gone. The halves should be very soft. Be careful, they'll be hot! Using a fork, gently scrape out the inside of the squash. It will be very soft and easy to scoop out. It will come out in strings, a lot like pasta.
You can do many things with it, but I eat it just like I would spaghetti. Some pasta sauce and veggies and cooked/seasoned ground beef on top. You can also just add a little butter or olive oil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.