8.19.2011

Quick Catch Up

Friday is here, finally.  The week felt so long.  I only work three days a week, and I am so thankful for that.  I never imagined, at such a young age, that I could have a part time job.  Those three days, however, feel like many more.  We have a few new systems at work to help our practice run more smoothly and be more profitable, and they are necessary, but they make things a bit tedious.  It's not exciting for me to be there for 10 hours.  I will not complain, because I'm lucky and thankful and blessed beyond belief to have a job.  

This morning Isaac stayed in his crib and quiet until 8 am.  I think that he was awake much earlier than that, but he just hung out while I stayed in bed.  What a blessing that was!  I actually didn't feel the need to take a nap when he did this morning.  I drank some tea, played around on facebook, and got some cleaning done.  I felt, for the first time in a long time, full of energy.  It's something that I welcome, because it doesn't happen very often.

Weight Watchers is going ok.  I've been doing pretty poorly.  I need to get into the mind set that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle!  I need to track more regularly, too.  If I'm paying money each month to go to the meetings, I really need to get my butt in gear and get some results.  I don't have extra money to just be throwing at something that I'm not following.  I don't think I've gained any weight,  but I haven't been losing any, either.  And, isn't that the point?  I've done better these past few days, but being at work so long and being tired and not being prepared has tempted me to buy fast food and take the easy way out.  I wasn't just tempted, I actually did it. I'm not giving up, though, and each meal is a new one to try and do better.

Isaac is growing up and learning and changing....he can drink through a straw now!  He also had his first lunch out at a Mexican restaurant with me and his grandma.  He did so well, it was fun.  He enjoys reading books, hates having his teeth brushed, is trying to transition to one nap (and making life around here a little hectic because of it), he's weaning off of formula, he loves to be outside more than anything else, and he's constantly in motion.  It's a fun and challenging time in his life.  I'm excited for him to start saying and doing more things.







1 comment:

  1. Hey Gan! Glad you had a nice day. I love the pictures of Isaac. In that first one he looks like Elijah! Sweet little dude!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...