8.09.2011

shorter are the days

It feels later than it is, because it's practically dark outside and it's only 9:30.  Just a few weeks ago it would still be somewhat light at this time.  I'm getting excited because that means my favorite season is on the way!  Call me crazy.  I mean, we've only had, what, 10-15 good days of summer here, and I'm already wishing for fall?  I don't know.  I just love it.  Colors, sweaters, Halloween, cool evenings that make sleep easier....not to mention that Isaac has some cute jackets that he'll actually fit into this fall!  I'm striving to enjoy summer while it lasts, but I will NOT be sad if fall decides to come a bit early.

Weight Watchers has been quite the struggle these past 2 weeks.  I'm not sure why.  I mean, I know that I feel better and look better when I eat well and exercise, but I still don't want to do it.  I gained .2 lbs this last week, so I'm hovering right at the "lost 5 pounds" mark.  Now, I know that 5 pounds is SOMETHING, but it's still not enough something.  I'd like to lose a good 15-20 more.  It's not going to come off if I eat chocolate ice cream and turkey burgers, and drink regular soda.  I want to find some motivation, but where can I find it?

Tuesday and I'm already exhausted.  It's hard to believe that I once worked full time :)  I'm sure the junk food I've been eating isn't helping that exhaustion.

A few short weeks till I travel to Southern California to visit my family.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, but it's all a bit shadowed by the fact that I'll be travelling with a 15 month old.  A sweet, adorable, snuggly, hug-gable, wonderful, hilarious 15 month old - but nonetheless, a 15 month old.  It's not too far.  The whole trip will only take around 3 hours (one lay over).  Once we get there, though, how will he do?  Will he be able to take naps and sleep at night in a completely strange location?  Will he eat?  Will he do well with the travelling we'll have to do in the car?  It's all a complete mystery to me, and I'm not a fan of the unknown.  I've been doing a lot of praying these past couple weeks.  That is one thing I can hold onto.  In all the mystery and uncertainty, God is constant.  He will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...