10.02.2011

always waking up tired

Everyday that Isaac is not with his grandma, he's with me.  4 days a week.  He sleeps in until sometime between 7:30-8.  Therefore, he's not tired until around 11am.  At this point he's been taking only about an hour long nap. That would be fine if he wanted to take another one, but he doesn't.  So, our afternoons are filled with this weird, "are you tired, not tired, do you want to try to take a nap," dance that he and I do.  I wouldn't mind if he went down to one nap, in fact I'd like it!  More availability for us to do other things.

When he goes to grandma's, he gets up at 6:45.  He takes a morning nap and then an afternoon nap as well (although I'm told those naps are getting shorter.)  It's hard to keep a schedule with him when his days aren't consistent.  I long for the days when I can stay home with him and his (possibly) future siblings (s).

In the meantime, I thank God that I have a job to help provide for my family.  I'm thankful that he gets to stay with his grandma who provides loving care for him.  I'm thankful that my job is less than 10 minutes from where I live, and that I work just 3 days a week.  I'm thankful that I get to spend the majority of my time being a mom.

If we could only get these kinks out of the nap schedule......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...