10.03.2011

A Monday to be Thankful

Isaac and I made our way to Natural Choices Health Clinic early this morning.  Isaac had food sensitivity testing.  It turns out that he's not sensitive to dairy like we thought he might be.  He is, however, sensitive to gluten and peanuts!

We had kind of a rough time.  He was fussy, irritated, sleepy, hungry, and just plain bored.  It last about 45 minutes.  The doctor was amazing.  I liked her a lot!  She handled Isaac's quirkiness quite well.  She was very comfortable with him.

When we were done, we went to the car and I attempted to change a poopy diaper in the back seat.  Isaac squirmed and wiggled....he managed to get poop everywhere.  It was not a fun experience and he wasn't the cleanest when it was all said and done - but it got done!

We visited a good friend on a break in between her classes, and he walked all around the park, finding and jumping in mud puddles.

On the way home he cried for about a minute before falling asleep and staying that way the rest of the way home.

All this got me thinking.  I have so much.  I'm well cared for in so many ways.  I'd like to share some of the things I'm thankful for today:

  • Naturopathic Doctors
  • a reliable vehicle 
  • the drive thru
  • chilly fall days
  • not falling on slippery sidewalk leaves
  • friends who take time out to play in the park
  • diet soda
  • a baby who lets me sleep past 7
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • movies that entertain little ears and eyes
  • Isaac's high little voice
  • a hard working husband
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...