10.17.2011

A Monday to be Thankful

The past couple weeks have been challenging.  Who am I kidding - the past couple months have been challenging.  Let's just say my entire life has been one big challenge.

I'm not saying that for pity, it's just a fact.  I'm not quite sure why.  I've had everything I've ever needed: loving parents and siblings, the opportunity for education, a caring and supportive husband, a sweet and pretty-well-behaved child, employment, true friends, a church home, and the list goes on....

....for some reason I struggle.  I fight against all those good things.  Why?  Is it because I haven't succumbed to the realization that Jesus died for me while I was still a sinner?  That somehow I still don't get that his love for me is unconditional, and that I can't do anything to gain it or lose it?  Do I still feel that unworthy?

It's something that I need to get over.  I wish it was that simple.  Wren, get over it.  It's not.  It will take a lifetime of working through all the failures in my past and present, and knowing that being forgiven means that I have permission to move on from those things.  To forget them.

One way to help move on is to be thankful for all I've been given, and all the lessons that have been learned.  So here goes:


  • Chilly fall mornings
  • My smart phone
  • Family that is truly always there
  • Slippers
  • A working washer and dryer
  • Hot chai tea
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Hard lessons in God's word
  • Mercies that are new every morning
  • Friends who don't mind picking up where we left off
  • Forgiveness
  • Napping children
  • The way Isaac pulls me toward what he wants
What are you thankful for today?



1 comment:

  1. I've been there. Joy, wherefore art thou? It's a season and it WILL pass. ;) Keep up the gratitude; it's healing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...